Hong Kong Airport Connecting flights: Shanghai-HK-Bangkok?
I’m flying from Shanghai to HK on Shanghai Air, to connect to a Thai Air to Bangkok. The Thai Air flight is already set for 8:40 PM flight, and I’m trying to figure out how much time I need to connect.
There’s a Shanghai Air flight arriving to HK Intl at 5:40pm, and one at 7:35pm. (Also a China Eastern arriving at 6:45pm, but i won’t get FF miles for that) Shanghai Air and Thai Air are both in Terminal W1, according to the HK Airport website.
Is the 7:35pm arrival on Shanghai Air cutting it too close for an 8:40 departure on Thai Air if I only have carry on?
(And in any case: If I only have carryon luggage, will I need to go out of the security area?
If I can stay inside the W1 security area, Is it possible for me to get my boarding pass to my connecting Thai Air flight at the gate?)
Thanks in advance to all you HK savvy fliers.
Best Answer – Chosen by Asker
Arriving into HK, you will have to go to the transit desk (the arrival level) to check-in for your flight to Bangkok and get your boarding pass. After that, from arrival hall to departure hall (one floor above), there’s a security check point where you have to get your bags (hand-carry) x-rayed.
Possibly Related Posts:
- book 2 train tickets from Suzhou Industrial Park Station to Shanghai Railway Station
- I want to book train tickets to and from Beijing. SHA-BEI
- from Shanghai Pudong airport to the Westin Bund Center
- Tavelling by train or any other public transports from Shanghai to Xiamen in August 2013
- Train travel from Kunming to Lijiang